Planet Innovation has onsite laboratories and a team of scientists including biochemists, molecular biologists and histopathologists with broad experience across all aspects of biomedical device development and associated assays and reagent test kits, including:
- Initial concept generation and technology evaluation.
- Development and translation of bench assays onto automated platforms.
- Handling and processing various types of specimens (ie blood, urine, washings, tissue, cells).
- Verification and external validation trials, including human ethics applications.
- Product release into global regulated markets.
We have particular expertise in molecular and protein based assay development:
- Isolation of DNA and RNA from human specimens.
- PCR – Reverse transcriptase, Real time and Multiplexed.
- DNA cloning and vector design
- DNA sequencing
- In-situ hybridization
- Immunohistochemistry and in situ hybridization
- Enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA)
Our scientists work as an integral part of the engineering and product development teams to develop highly effective diagnostic solutions.